Monday, June 18, 2012

It's not you, it's me. Really.

Trouble in paradise? She's gotta go...

"Listen," I told her, "we've been together for a while now..."

"Three years is a while?"

"Well, yes. It's a really long time. I usually don't stay in these kinds of relationships for more than a year. Two years tops."

"Wow."

"I know, I know. Listen, it not you, it's me. I just need....something else."

"I'm not good enough for you?"

"Of course you are! The best! But...I just want something different."

"I can change."

"No, not in the ways I need. C'mon, you know it's no good. I'm moving on. You'll be fine. You'll see."

Anyhow, that's how the conversation with my 2009 Triumph Rocket III Touring went today.

I love her, but I am looking to move to a Sport Touring set-up, at least for a while. Looking to sell or trade it for the right bike. You may see her on eBay, CycleTrader or Craiglist soon.

Anyone have a bike they're looking to swap? What do I want? I dunno, I'm all over the page. A couple bike's I've considered:

BMW K1200GT
Honda ST1300
Yamaha FJR1300
HD Ultra Classic (I told you I was all over the page)
Kawasaki Voyager
GoldWing (yikes!)
Vespa (just kidding!)

What do you have in the garage that you're thinking of swapping?

Here's my big (2294cc) girl:

2 comments:

  1. The Rocket is a great bike, gobs of torque. I don't see the Tenere on your list of likes ;-)
    I have a 79 Suzuki GS850 partially disassembled in my garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love the Rocket -- it's one heckuva bike. But I want to do a lot more long distance touring (larger tank, better MPG, more comfortable, etc.). A S/T is what I'm looking for.

    I'm following your ride with envy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete