Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Next Three Big Rides: September & October 2020

September and October are gonna be busy. I can see that now.

Since my dreams of riding to Ushuaia this fall were dashed by Covid-19, I came up with some other options. Instead of riding through Mexico and Central America to South America for the next six months, I’ll try something else.  Here are my plans...

I’ll attend the 8th Annual Arizona KLR Ride in Paulden, AZ in September.  I’ve only missed two of those rides and I really look forward to that one.

In October I’m doing the New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route (NMBDR). That’ll be an 8-day ride where we’ll camp along the way, from the Texas/New Mexico Border to the New Mexico/Colorado border.  I’ve done the Arizona BDR, so I’m pretty excited about this one.

After I finish that ride, I’m heading west, to the Pacific Ocean where I’ll start the TransAmerica Trail (TAT) in Port Orford, Oregon.  And from there, it’s an easy 5,000 miles to the Atlantic Ocean in 4-6 weeks.  The ride will end somewhere in the Carolinas.

That last ride is a whopper but I’ll have unlimited time and no particular schedule.  I’ll be with others on the first two rides, but may be solo on my TAT trek across the USA.

My buddy Jon puts in the Arizona KLR ride, so I have no link for that—though you can look at my previous ride reports on this blog on that fun one.

The NMBDR: http://stage.ridebdr.com/nmbdr/

The TAT: https://www.transamtrail.com/ (or an alternative: http://www.gpskevinadventurerides.com/trans-america-trail )

Wish me well.  More to come.  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment